Monday, March 8, 2010

You can't bring me down DMV!

So today I did something that is very difficult to do.... I committed to FINALLY going to the DMV to get my tags for my plates! (They're a littttttllleee expired)

And seriously, its a difficult task to even THINK about going to the DMV let alone actually doing it so just getting there gave me a small feeling of accomplishment... But it didnt last...

I walked in to find an enormous crowd of people just standing around staring at each other... Even the people that worked there looked lost.. It was like someone had put the DMV on pause (not that the people at the DMV move very fast anyway).

I wait in line and just hope that since everything i need is paid for and all taken care of it will be a situation where I can sneak in and sneak out.... yyyeaaaaahhhh right! I come up to the window to find a heavy set lady writing numbers down on little post it notes, I see the number 152 being handed to me with an un-apologetic "DMV systems are down statewide, dont know when they'll be back up, you can wait if you want"

REALLY!? RRREEEEAAALLLYYY!!?? I dont think I've EVER in my 26 years experienced an easy trip to the DMV (or not felt like I needed to take a hot bath in some kind of extreme disinfectant liquid)

I walk outside... Actually shoved outside by the smell of B.O... I escape the stank, catch my breath outside, express my distaste with some colorful language to a few other people waiting outside and in a few text messages, light a cigarette, take a drag and say "EFF THIS"!

Come on now DMV.. I won't even start with the fact that your computers and your "system" is from '92 and your handling all our official important affairs on a machine that I used to play Colorado Trail on back when I was still trying to learn how to spell DMV! But what is up with being closed 3 Fridays a month? And WHY do you constantly insist that we make appointments when it still does us NO GOOD! I still end up waiting half the day! I could go see AVATAR 3 times by the time I get out of there!

I think what irks me the most though, is that you knooooow you have the power! You women with your desk drawers full of 3 musketeers and jumbo sized Snickers bars just bask in seeing all of us be miserable! I would hate to work at the DMV, I would rather be the person in charge of lost baggage, either job ensures that nobody will like you!



Alright, On a lighter note... Today at school we got to make Tomato sauce which was a lot of fun! (Its even more fun when Chef says your texture and flavors are "spot on")

I am really lucky to have found a way to learn all about something that I just love to do! And I get to learn all these things with some really awesome people! I couldnt ask for much more... except a DMV miracle tomorrow when I go back for round 2...

til next time, too-ta-loo

SayRah

No comments:

Post a Comment